Happy weekend my loves!
Today I am sharing with you a very dramatic & glamorous look I created for a fashion shoot a few weeks ago! These are my favorite looks to create because they allow me to be very artistic with makeup. I posted the fun before and after photo HERE , I always like to show the difference that contouring can make! Obviously Marina needs no makeup to look gorgeous, but I am so glad she was the model and I got to work on her perfect face! I went for a thick winged liner, golden shimmer and deep bordeaux lips. I would suggest this makeup style for mostly party or photo shoots, probably not an everyday style 😉 I will post the face and lips details soon!
Get the eyes…
- Eyeshadow primer: MAC Painterly applied all over the eyelid
- Eyeshadows: Lorac Pro Palette-Apply “Sable” all over eyelid | Apply “Espresso” in the outer corner with a flat shadow brush | Apply “Gold” to the center of the eye for a pop of shimmer | Apply “Black” to the outer corner with a blending brush.
- Inner corner: Urban Decay “Polyester bride” – a shimmering white shadow perfect for highlighting the inner corners.
- Eyeliner: Girlactik precise pen liner – Line the top lash line thick with this amazing pen liner- this liner makes creating a “wing” so easy! If you have a hard time getting a super straight line this will help you so much!
- Lashes: House of lashes in “Starlet” – These are pretty dramatic lashes but they are so beautiful on- they make the eyes appear super large!
- White liner: Rimmel “white” – line the inner waterline with this white khol to create a bright eyed look.
- Mascara: Micaroon Mascara – coat the top lashes so that they naturally blend with your real ones.
- Brows: ABH Brunette duo powder
- Brushes: Hair and Makeup Addiction shadow brushes
Face and lip details will be posted soon!!
Disclaimer: This style makeup may not be for you, she loved it, so please be courteous of others makeup styles. Thank you!
- Apply MAC Painterly paint pot to the entire lid with your ring finger. This will be used as a base for the eyeshadows to stick and last long hours without creasing.
- Apply a matte white to the brow bone to add highlight after shaping the brows. This Lorac palette has a couple matte shadows, use “white”. I have used the Lorac Pro Palette for a lot of my bridal looks, the colors are great for dark or more natural shadows.
- I shaped her brows with the NYX brow cake in “blonde”.
- Highlight the inner corners of the eyes using the shimmer color called “champagne”
- **^^^ I used this for the face highlight as well, details below.
- Darken the crease with “espresso” by using the blending brush in the outer corner in circles. This color will not be seen much, it is going to be used as a blending color over “painterly”.
- Now go over that brown with the “black” shadow using the same blending brush. Don’t worry about being completely perfect when applying this because we will clean the corners with concealer. You want the outer corner to be extended quite a bit though, so go far out on corners.
- Apply the “gold” to the center of the lid with the Bdellium #774 shader brush – for a hint of shimmering color.
- Clean up the corners of eyes with a lip brush and concealer, draw a straight line from the outer waterline corner and straight out.
- Line the top lid with the NYX black gel eyeliner and an angled liner brush, wing at end.
- Line the bottom waterline all the way to inner corner with Essence smudge liner in “black fever”.
- Smudge bottom lash line with the Bdellium #775 brush and the “black” Lorac shadow.
- Apply mascara to bottom and top lashes- I used the Mary Kay Love, its great for using over lash extensions. Look is complete.